<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14308416?origin\x3dhttp://aichiko.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, October 31, 2005

Scare me scare me...I wish


Since Gene never reads my blog, I can tell you about this without him giving me that patronizing look he gives me when my daughter throws a fit and I am trying to "handle" it. But if you ever do read it Gene, I really don't mind being patronized, I swear! It's just kind of embarassing because you're so good with kids. Love you too. Over and out.

She's getting over a cold, for which both Vesna and I felt pretty sorry for her...she really was miserable. She would get frustrated with her plugged nose and would whine a bit okay a lot, she didn't sleep well at night, etc, etc. So, yes, I succumbed and didn't quite stay completely on top of her rigid anti-whining training techniques (which are pretty shoddy anyway). I know all you people are saying, "Duh, don't you know you're supposed to 'stay on top of it' anyway?", etc. etc. I know. But here I am, an ex-very-together- and- firm- but- fun,- organized- and -gentle-patient-teacher turned struggling- to- stay- sane- sorry/embarassed- for- all- my- former- not- very- understanding- attitudes-towards- parents- who- actually- have- kids mother, having a heart for my adorable snot-ridden daughter.

But now her cold is letting up, and her attitude is NOT.

So, the other day, she was not getting to have an ice cream she saw so she threw a fit instead, showing me a cute little preview of the soon coming teen years (shudder). So I put my foot down, yes I do. I say, "Alysha! If you don't stop this, I'm going to take you over there and give you a little swat. Do you understand?" She quiets down, looks in the direction I am pointing to, then the ice-cream, and nods. I mentally pat myself on the back.
"Shure, Mommy. Over there."
"What's over there?"
"Shwat."
"What, you want a swat?"
"Shure. Shwat, den cwai a aish-cweem"
"You wanna swat and then keep crying for ice-cream? WHY?"
"Cush Mommy no shcary enymore."

I am speechless.

"A haha ha haha ha ha. ahh" I sputter.
way to go, I tell myself...she'll be pissin' her pants any minute now.

What on EARTH will I do when she hits puberty?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic picture aich

October 31, 2005 11:03 AM  
Blogger crazynik said...

LOVE that shot!!!!

October 31, 2005 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.. Too good Aich!
Keep going your doing great. Lots of love. Wink!

October 31, 2005 10:31 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh Aich, I so feel for you. The other day Cyd says to me, "mom, I don't want you to tell me what to do anymore." Hmmm. I was chatting with a bunch of mothers and grandmothers the other day and they all unanimously agreed that girls were harder to bring up than boys. Why? 'Cause girls are smarter, more manipulative and play the mind games. Can't really argue with that.

November 01, 2005 12:57 AM  
Blogger aiko said...

Jo: Yes, girls are definitely experts at mind games compared to boys (and guys).
This is decidedly why most of my best friends have been boys.

Male parent: thank you thank you.

Niki, Anon: yess the pic says too much.

November 01, 2005 5:40 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

agg girls are not smarter then boys. cydney was trying to convince me that girls are smarter the other day.

July 31, 2006 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home