<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14308416?origin\x3dhttp://aichiko.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Curve ball

A very dear friend of mine once said, "Life has just thrown me another curve ball". Today I cannot think of a more fitting thing to say about my recent life. Think about it. The ball is coming at you, you're ready to catch it, it's in the bag. Then suddenly (well, it SEEMED sudden) it changes course, and you're wondering how you missed it, feeling really stupid. From another angle, you see it going to someone else. You observe without much concern, seeing that it's not headed to you, you look the other way, then BAM! It hits you upside the head. There again. Feeling stupid again. How did I miss that AGAIN? Simple. Curve ball.

Of course I know that change is imminent, but you know, it's getting so close, I am looking it in the eyeball, and I am beginning to feel the ruffles of panic.
It's not that I don't like change. I actually like it. What I am facing with some of these curve balls is that they are about people I love, people I am close to. I doubt it has ever been said of me that I am a clingy person, but I am suddenly feeling, I dunno, clingy. To humankind. It's weird.

I had asthma for three days, and I wasn't around many people. So when I got out of my "hospital ward", I just wanted to hug everyone. Then a bunch of people took off for the week, just as the curve balls were coming in. I am wanting to find some human to unload my insecurities on, but I keep hearing that little voice telling me to take it to Him. And I know things will be fine after I do that.

So I guess I'd better go and do that.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you. My life for the last 2-3 months has been the special machine that keeps throwing curve balls. You know, the one in the movies where the guy is practicing batting & keeps getting hit in the helmet, groin & other areas....

& Glad to hear asthma's over for you. Josh & Ryan both got it. (Ryan's first experience, wasn't so great!)

October 04, 2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger aiko said...

Thanks for your prayers, baby.
Sorry to hear about Josh and Ryan. What a little trooper. It's not easy for kids, and parents! I'm definitely praying for you all.
Happy Birthday tomorrow!

October 04, 2005 12:00 PM  
Blogger Timna said...

I know what you mean about life throwing curve balls at you...can definitely relate been going through my own for the last 2 months...life was going good but then WHAM it hit once again...HEE HEE! I am praying for you...sorry to hear about your asthma...Mike must have been happy you finally came home.

October 06, 2005 7:04 AM  
Blogger aiko said...

Oh, the "hospital ward" I was talking about was just a different room, with no carpet and oatmeal walls, but yes, he was happy.
Timna, I feel my um, curve balls, er, shrinking in comparison to yours.
Puts things in perspective.
I miss you. We kept postponing when you would visit, then yes, as you said, WHABAMM! Praying for you.

October 06, 2005 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Timna was actually refering to a BOWLING BALL that came her way, Right?

October 06, 2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger Timna said...

Yeah, but He always uses it to help us grow stronger and closer to Him in more ways then one. We all get hit with those bowling balls once in awhile guess it is to help us appreciate when we only get hit by those little baseballs...HEE HEE! Thank you for your prayers really appreciate them!

October 07, 2005 5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home