Weaner Dad, Vacation Mom.
It is done.
Alysha is weaned as of this week. I know. It's headline news. Don't quit your day job over it.
Well, at least be happy for me. Mike did it all and I slept in another room with Keith for 4 days. It was like vacation.
We went to bed at different times, we didn't wait to end the day together. Mike stayed up late doing his art and music, I stayed up late with Ambie and/or Niki, and got to play with Ambie's camera a LOT (my favorite thing to do). And Mike umm, visited me like I was single, desired, missed, and courted.
Like I said, vacation! I hardly missed my family life.
Last night I was back in our room. Mike was out. I got them both to bed. There was some screaming, then overtired play, then peace. Both asleep 1 hour later than usual. Not too bad. Vacation over.
This morning I woke up with Mike by my side, and I surprised myself at how happy I was to be back in my own bed, with my husband. I had liked the break, but I'd forgotten how much more I liked Mike and my kids. Beginning and ending the day with an acknowledgement of appreciation and love means more to me than I had realized.
The kids climbed onto our huge plataeu of a bed, and we started the day in the usual fashion. Cuddles, scolds, hurried trips to the bathroom for Keith, books for Alysha, messes, fashion dilemmas for Alysha as she chooses her wardrobe for the day, desperate and giggly "I want to be with you"s from Keith.
I love being back. It would do me good to count my blessings and keep the praise flowing from my lips. I need to remind myself of how blessed I am. There are too many things we take for granted. Life, for instance. When someone dies, you really think about the miracle that life is. Health. Safety. A roof over our heads. Kids. Food. Family. There are many who don't have these.
It makes you feel petty and self-centered to be complaining about anything.
Thank you, Lord, for my life.
Alysha is weaned as of this week. I know. It's headline news. Don't quit your day job over it.
Well, at least be happy for me. Mike did it all and I slept in another room with Keith for 4 days. It was like vacation.
We went to bed at different times, we didn't wait to end the day together. Mike stayed up late doing his art and music, I stayed up late with Ambie and/or Niki, and got to play with Ambie's camera a LOT (my favorite thing to do). And Mike umm, visited me like I was single, desired, missed, and courted.
Like I said, vacation! I hardly missed my family life.
Last night I was back in our room. Mike was out. I got them both to bed. There was some screaming, then overtired play, then peace. Both asleep 1 hour later than usual. Not too bad. Vacation over.
This morning I woke up with Mike by my side, and I surprised myself at how happy I was to be back in my own bed, with my husband. I had liked the break, but I'd forgotten how much more I liked Mike and my kids. Beginning and ending the day with an acknowledgement of appreciation and love means more to me than I had realized.
The kids climbed onto our huge plataeu of a bed, and we started the day in the usual fashion. Cuddles, scolds, hurried trips to the bathroom for Keith, books for Alysha, messes, fashion dilemmas for Alysha as she chooses her wardrobe for the day, desperate and giggly "I want to be with you"s from Keith.
I love being back. It would do me good to count my blessings and keep the praise flowing from my lips. I need to remind myself of how blessed I am. There are too many things we take for granted. Life, for instance. When someone dies, you really think about the miracle that life is. Health. Safety. A roof over our heads. Kids. Food. Family. There are many who don't have these.
It makes you feel petty and self-centered to be complaining about anything.
Thank you, Lord, for my life.

6 Comments:
Congrats Aich, weaning is a big milestone to be sure.
That was a great post Aich...
I feel inspired :)
Thanks, guys.
good god. gabe is so gonna wean the next one!!
congrats to you Aich. I only weaned Lani, Josh did all the others. but I was always disappointed at how quick it was I only got 2 or 3 nights. How I wish it would've gone on for longer.
YESSS! Somebody said it!
I had to convince Mike that she wasn't ready yet...please, one more night of vacation. I did feel a little guilty, but Mike was very discerning and encouraged me to relax and take a breather.
Anyway, how's your unborn child doing?
Post a Comment
<< Home