My Attempt to End a Love Affair
I started getting used to drinking too much coffee, and it was affecting my sleep at night. I was getting insomnia and everything. So I decided to give it a rest.
First day: headache=advil
Second day: headache=more advil
Third day: headache+rational thinking+the fact that I know that taking advil every day is not good for me=coffee
Fourth day: no headache=I already had my coffee=YAY!
NOT!
I kind of disappointed myself.
I'm sure I'll try again.
First day: headache=advil
Second day: headache=more advil
Third day: headache+rational thinking+the fact that I know that taking advil every day is not good for me=coffee
Fourth day: no headache=I already had my coffee=YAY!
NOT!
I kind of disappointed myself.
I'm sure I'll try again.

14 Comments:
LOL...addictions are a pain
hahaha.... oh Aich, it gets better after awhile. I went through that a year ago, its hell.
So scary, guys, what am I to do. I just LOVE the taste of it.
Apparently now doctors are saying that one or two cups of coffee a day is good for your health. I forget exactly what it's good for....but hey, I remembered the important part. :D
OH, Jo, I LOVE YOU!
I knew it was good for me!!!
I just need to take sleeping pills to help me sleep then everything will be balanced and natural!!!
Oh, and Ambie, I did try the mugicha thing. I like it, but it's just not the same.
SOBB.
haha. you know what's it's good for? coffee drinkers don't get colon cancer 'cuz they 'flush out' more often. i read that article with real interest, then i thot it was kind of yucky.
you know, the only thing that ever got me off coffee (twice now) is getting pregnant. interesting, huh aich?
Me too.
Oh, the things we do for our kids!
And oh, the things we do for our colons.
Winnie, it might be kinda yucky, but getting colon cancer might be a tad yuckier than Starbuxing. Coffee, anyone?
Man, I gotta quit!
Besides the fact that Coffee is addicting I couldn't find any research on the web that indicated that it was harmful except in massive doses.
What about Black Tea Aich?
Love tea. love tea. Thank you, Dave, for the stuff you sent. Still living off it!
If you're just in it for the taste.....what about decaf? But if you're in it for the buzz and you're serious about quitting, try some peppermint tea, it's a mild stimulant and is supposed to help headaches as well. But yeah, there's nothing quite like a good cup of coffee on a cold day. I've weaned myself away from sugar so that's taken care of some of the guilt factor.
Good idea. But I don't like Herb teas. I mean, I love them, but only as a side dish to my coffee. Or I'll drink Chamomile (did I spell it right, Jo) to help me sleep when I've had too much coffee.
And I do like decaf, but it's kind of like... you know... you know... not finishing off. (Talking to Jo here)
I guess I do it for the taste AND for the buzz.
I'm so glad I'm not allowed to smoke. I'd be a chimney as an alternative to my coffee.
I miss you, Jo!
And I was joking about the Chamomile. I only like it because sleepytime tea has such a cute picture on it and it makes me feel like I should be off to bed.
I'm such a sucker to advertising.
I think the answer Aich is having a lot of kids that way you can never be adicted for too long. Only like...a year at a time, till your prego again and then your concious makes you quit. Works for me like a charm. THough I still get an occasional starbucks, but we all know that it's not "really" a coffee when it comes in a "frapp" right?
Oh, I love your thinking about the starbucks...of course it's not!
Well, yes, the possibility of getting pregnant anytime is one thing that partially convinces me to enjoy it while I can, cuz I'll probably get pg and quit next month anyway. Very lazy, I know. I just need to quit. Next month.
I know, I know.
Post a Comment
<< Home