<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14308416?origin\x3dhttp://aichiko.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Sarah Nade

I always liked those Carmen Sadiego names.

But that's not my post...it's about a present day serenade.
Keith's learning addition and rhyming. He's really into both.
Here's how he's singing himself to sleep this very minute:

"Two plus two is four
I like to play with swords
Two plus three is five
I like to bee a hive
Two plus four is seven
I like the seven eleven
(No
wait)
Two plus four is not seven
I don't like the seven eleven
(No
wait
maybe it is)
Two plus four is seven maybe
I like the seven eleven maybe
(Yeah
that's right.
right, mom?
But it can't be a rhyme, right?
so it's wrong,
so two plus four is not seven?)
Two plus five is sumthin'
I like to eat my pumpkin
(No
wait.
I like ice cream.) "

In these moments where his mind is so absorbed in his own little life, I hate interrupting. I feel like an intruder, stealing glimpses of these precious pieces of time and thought. He's so awesome, so sensitive, so smart, so interactive, so tender and vulnerable, so funny, and he loves me so much. He and his sister are the best things Mike and I ever came up with.

12 Comments:

Blogger Timna said...

So cute....thanks for the stories about the kids...always brings a smile to my face! Tell Keithy I love him and miss him!

November 24, 2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger aiko said...

You're so sweet, Timna. I'll tell him!

November 24, 2005 5:40 PM  
Blogger bassistlikeflea said...

me tooo!

November 25, 2005 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's adorable, Aich. --So was that pic of Keith as a baby! (Speaking of pics, I really like ur profile one.)

Hope u don't mind if I use ur comment space for a totally unrelated msg to PHIL:
I saw u commented here, & since I can't comment on ur own blog, I thot I'd let u know here that there's a kind of rat poison u can get that makes the rats search for light, so that they die OUTSIDE & don't stink up ur house. They might hv it in the US, too; wldn't hurt to ask, ne?

November 26, 2005 12:08 AM  
Blogger aiko said...

lol, I'll pass it on, Nina! Txs.

November 26, 2005 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cute Aich, it makes me want to have kids of my own.

November 26, 2005 11:12 PM  
Blogger aiko said...

aww, Dave. Awwww. (You can have mine, says Mike.)

November 27, 2005 2:09 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

That's so adorable.....and pretty good for a four-year-old if he came with all that by himself. Aich, I need to get you on chat sometime so you can let me know what Keith is into these days. Cyd wants to send him something for Christmas.

November 30, 2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger aiko said...

Jo! I can't get on msn chat. You have to get on yahoo chat...

November 30, 2005 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aich you use Yahoo now? send me your ID sometime.

December 04, 2005 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaa! Weird, i can imagine hearing that all out perfectly! Nice blog by the way, i especially love that i can now see it without guilt.

December 10, 2005 9:36 PM  
Blogger aiko said...

Oh Lisa, Lisa, you dropped by. I love you! I am delighted you like it...guilt-free.

December 12, 2005 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home